Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Back it up!

Let me set the scene.  I am at the check out line at Old Navy with my friend JoJo.  She is about to pay and the checker is about to start on my items.  I look up to find the line that had at only moments ago consisted of her and me has been bombarded with people and is now 9 people deep.
The checker at this point is now overwhelmed.  He then realises that he is going to need help.  He says frantically into his walkie talkie  "I need back up"!  I think I might have been possessed by Michael Jackson because before I know it I am saying in my best White trash voice (wait is Michael Jackson white? Never mind who really knows that answer anyway) "Back it up now! Back it up!" At the same time I moon walk backwards.  Folks I don't know how to moon walk (coincidence?) but I sure am moon walking.
After the realization of what I just did sets in I start laughing and slightly mortified at myself.  The lady behind me in line says to me "I love that you just did that.  I love even more that you were a little embarrassed of yourself just then".
That is when I realized that I didn't need to be embarrassed anymore.  Someone out there loves me and my dance moves!

No comments:

Post a Comment