Friday, July 13, 2012

Things to not say to your health care professional because it is severally inappropriate but I sure did say it anyway. Part 3

Are you just as surprised that there are 3 parts to this blog post as I am? But really there is one more after this?  .  I want to let you know that I don't always say completely inappropriate things.  Sometimes it's him.  For example at Christmas time I brought Junior and the staff at his office Christmas treats.  I was not really sure if that was a weird thing to do so I called my friend whose husband is a doctor and I asked her if her husband has received treats from any of his patients.  Her response was "Yeah but they are all old ladies."  She then proceeded to tease me about being old.  She thought it was even more amusing when she found out that the reason I brought the Christmas cookies to Juniors office when I did is because I had to pick up my orthotics.  It took her a good 10 minutes of solid laughing before she could calm down enough to carry on a conversation.  Right then and there I vowed that I would never bring treats to another Doctor again for fear of being called old.
At my next doctor's appointment Junior comes into the office and thanks me of the wonderful treats.

Me: "You're welcome I hope you liked them because you will be the last doctor that I ever bring treats to".

Jr: "What? That is ridiculous. Your food was delicious.  Why?"

I then went on to tell Junior all about the conversation with my friend to which he replied

Jr:  "Tell your friend Screw You.  Those were some of the best treats I have ever had".
I have never heard a Doctor tell their patient to tell anyone friend "Screw You"  But you sure can bet that I am going to listen very intently to what ever other doctor says to me.  I might just hear it again.  If you have heard your doctor say that or anything like it.  Let me know I am curious.

Note to readers: Do not bring your doctor food into the office unless you want everyone to think you are old.  If you are old feel free to bring it to your doctor's office.  Stop by my house on the way home and bring me some treats too!

There are many conversations that don't end up with me swearing, saying dirty things, or droppin it like it's hot.  Sometimes I just tease.
I went into Juniors office around lunch time.  I often scheduled my appointments around lunch time because it takes me about that much time to get out of the house.  Also if you live in Alaska and it has just snowed they usually have plowed the roads by then, I ended up seeing Junior later then usual and by the time my appointment was wrapping down.  Juniors stomach growled so loud that I could hear it across the room.  He was so embarrassed.  The conversation went something like this.

Me: "Was that your stomach?"

Jr: "Yes, Could you hear that?  I am so hungry."

Me:" Oh it's a good thing that I brought you a cupcake then."

Something very odd happened just then.  I saw this 32 year old man turn into a 8 year old little boy....

Jr (spoken in high pitched, excited little boy voice): "You brought me a cupcake?  I love cupcakes.  That is so nice of you.  Have you heard of Cupcake wars?  I love cupcakes so much that I watch cupcake wars."

Me: "Wow.... Ummm....  I was just kidding." I really felt bad.  I had no idea that Junior was going to have such a huge reactions to such little cupcakes.

The next month I went into his office around lunch time and decided to tease him a bit more. After all his reaction to cupcakes the first time was so funny.

Me: "Guess what? I made you a cupcake."

Jr: Turning back into the man boy that is so in love with cupcakes. "You brought me cupcakes? I love cupcakes.  I can't believe that you brought me cupcakes."

Me in hysterical laughter: "I didn't really.  I can't believe that you fell for it 2 months in a row."

Jr: "Wait you didn't bring me cupcakes?"

Me: "I really did I was just kidding."

Jr: "You really did?  I am so excited. I love cupcakes."

Me: " Seriously (still laughing)? That doesn't get less funny. But no I didn't bring you a cupcake."

Jr: "Really?" All defeated.

Me: "Yeah I really brought you a cupcake."  This time he didn't believe me.  So I didn't give him his cupcakes.

Note to reader: Some jokes really don't get old and just get funnier the more they are said.  Also if you are going to tease your doctor about cupcakes so much make sure that you do have cupcakes with you.  If not the doctor might punish you by say rescheduling  your appointment and being especially late to your next appointment. So Not Cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment